Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Stick S2
- Aeon Labs Z-Stick Series 2 is a self powered Z-Wave USB adapter with remote network creation capabilities (independent from external power and host microprocessor).
- By being able to remotely include/remove Z-Wave devices, this greatly simplifies Z-Wave network installation.
- When connected to a host controller (via USB), it enables the host controller to take part in the Z-Wave Network.
- The Z-Stick Series 2 is also device firmware upgradeable by the end consumer. This enables the product to always have the latest Z-Wave protocol, capabilities and commands.
Insert the Z-Stick to your PC/ Mac/ Gateway. You will need home automation software to control and configure your Z-Wave network. You may also need to install drivers before the Z-Stick goes into the Serial-API Mode. The computer will have to be on and awake at all times to keep the network active.
Take the Z-Stick out of the USB port to perform inclusion and exclusion processes (it will not send the commands while plugged in). Keep the Z-Stick plugged in if you'd like to add/remove items from your interface through software settings.
To reset your Z-Stick to factory settings, press and hold the rest button for around 20 seconds. You can complete the process with the Z-Stick plugged to the USB port.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 868.42 MHz
- Power Supply: USB DC 4.75V to 5.25V or built-in rechargeable lithium battery 3.7V, 100mAh
- Max Standby Current: 30uA
- Max Operating Current: 98mA in PA mode or 40mA in normal mode
- Operating Temperature: 32°F (0°C) to 122°F (50°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F (-20°C) to 158°F (70°C)
- Operating Distance: Up to 500 feet/150 metres outdoors in normal mode or 1310 feet/400 meters outdoors in PA mode
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 2.5 oz